Friday, January 30, 2009

This Hurts My Heart

For those of you who know me personally, today is a sad day with or without this news. Apparently it's been public for some time that Mother's Cookies is shutting down. This is rather poignant, considering today's events. These cookies, Circus Animals specifically, aside from being completely delicious, remind me of my childhood. I wasn't really allowed many sweets at home (I'd actually like to thank my Mom for that), but during holidays we'd travel to relatives' houses and I would always go straight for these. They don't remind me of my Grandmother, directly, since I used to get them mainly at my Aunt's house; just indirectly, as having them usually corresponded with spending time with her, and our family, over the holidays.


I'm so sad to hear that they won't be produced any longer. I'll definitely have to head to the store to see if I can stock up.

Here's a picture from Dessert First- as I currently don't have one on-hand:

2 comments:

  1. A reason to rejoice, Claire! I have a friend that works for Nabisco, and he said they are to start carrying the Mother's line - now being distributed by Kraft Foods. As proof, he held up a package of the beloved circus cookies from his warehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Thanks so much for telling me! I was afraid I was going to have to file them in the "Jell-o Pudding Pops" section of my fondest food memories.

    ReplyDelete